Why I’m running for the Utah House of Representatives.
I have been elected and served as a mayor and council member in North Logan City, and as a Cache County Council member the past 6 years. Less than 20% of the current Utah State Legislators have served in local government. I feel we need state representatives that understand and respond to the needs of the local citizens. I offer that experience, and I commit that I will make decisions that will positively affect my community and the citizen that elected me.
- I have been successful in accomplishing my goals in elected office because of my ability to solve problems, find solutions and working with others.
- I have 14 years of experience with fiscal management and budgeting as an elected representative in North Logan City and Cache County.
- I will be a strong supporter of public education, economic development and in the proper planning for our future infrastructure needs in the State of Utah and Cache County.
- I support and will defend the GOP Caucus and Convention system.
- I will be available to the citizens of Cache County, will actively represent you at the state legislature and will respond to your needs.
Overall, I believe my 14+ years experience at the local level, my service working with Legislature on UAC Board and as Council & Mayor in North Logan, means I am qualified to represent the good people of Cache Valley. It is very rare to have a leader run for state office that are also uniquely in touch with local issues and problems, specifically the needs of Cache Valley.
I believe, and in my experience working with state issues, there is a need for legislators who understand how to work together to pass appropriate laws, and always do what is right for the people of their district, specifically the citizens of Cache County.